Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: stag-digest V4 #19

Re: Wire Wheel Removal

I cannot get one wheel off the splines (knockoff retainer is off).
I've tried WD-40, rocking back and forth (per VTR info.) to no avail.
I am not ready to torch a perfectly good Stag wheel.
Any suggestions?
Surely with all the wire wheels out there on various British cars, someone must
have devised a puller that grasps the rear spoke "hub" flange and pulls against
the protruding threaded knockoff hub.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bruce Koehler
72 Stag since 1986 (amazingly reliable, considering)
79 Spitfire
Santa Cruz, CA

Why did the British quit making cars?
They didn't have a way to get to the factory!