Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Front Springs positioning.

Dave,

I think you'll find that what causes the spring to
bow under compression is the number of coils
on each side. i.e. imagine a cross section taken
vertically through the spring. The two sides will
have different numbers of coils. The one with
the extra coil will have greater resistance to
being compressed and therefore the spring
will bow out on that side.

John Clayton