Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Unleaded Engine

Hi
Now thats what I call a useful letter.
So the valves have the part number on them!
Oh, by the way I removed a spark plug tonight.
This plug  has done 13000 miles and it is still gapped at 25 thou, just the
way I set it when I put it in.
It looked very slightly too rich, but the cermamic is very slightly pinkish. I
think today my dashpot oil was a little low and that seems to make her run
rich. Someone else recently commented on the pinkness of unleaded run engines.
I don't think its a problem.
I have put the plug back, and i will check it again when its done 18000.
Peter