Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Stag engine opinions wanted

Hi
Well I would clean it as well you can.
Get the engine really hot and retorque the cylinder head to 55 to 60 ftlbs,
according to the correct sequence.
My oil leaks from the cylinder head have eased since it was retorqued.
Another leak I can't seem to stop is out of the oil filler cap.
Mine is the three pronged one and is the same part as the TR? Petrol filler
cap.
I have tried slightly reforming the neck by prising the rim up a frqaction and
easing off the rough bits, but it is only better not leak proof.
This leak runs down the inside edge of the valve cover and down the engine at
the back.
Peter