Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Intermittent miss fire/Overheating

Thanks for advice, I should have mention this first, its a 76 Mk2 with
standard
twin points. No electronic gizmos or extra cooling fans etc.

I'm going to start by check plugs/points etc and will also
check carb float chamber breathers. What can I do to check the operation
of the fuel pump?

I agree about the overheating, I've only had the car since Feb this year
with it running dead centre on the gauge the whole time. I've not had to idle
in hot weather before so I don't know this was a problem. I think a thorough
flush
of the radiator and a re-fill of the coolant is in order for this weekend.
Looking
at the previous owners bills he had the radiator repaired and a new viscous
coupling fitted Feb last year. Am I right to assume that any repair may reduce
the efficiency of the radiator? I'm tempted to replace the radiator just for
piece of mind.

Regards

Nick