Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: hardtop storage, etc

Hello,
I had a successful system that was just 4 tent ropes hanging from hooks in
the ceiling of my carport. They had hooks on them that went into the back
of the hardtop and around the locking pins at the front Made up a special
hook so as not to damage the rubber seal. I would then gradually lift each
corner clear of the car, with those adjustable tent-rope things. It stored
the hardtop away, and I could take it off and put it on by myself.

By the way, I have to change the shocks & tyres on my car. Any suggestions?
I was going to use Monroe shocks and do it myself. I've done it before
using 3 furniture clamps to hold the springs. Made me nervous but it
worked. Any better ideas? As for tyres I can get a good deal on 195x70s,
which are about the same as 185x75s. Should be close enough to the original
radius I think?

Regards,
JoHn
77 Tahiti blue auto with spokes in Sydney