Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Stag Carburator Question

Hi Peter
Its called the JET
Not the NEEDLE JET which is the thing that stops the fuel coming into the
float chamber.
Rimmer prbably have them, and Burlen Fuel Services certainly
do.http://www.burlen.co.uk/
I  do not know how to replace them. Once I saw a photo of a the carburettor
body clamped in a vice, and this jet being drifted out with a soft iron drift.
I think it must be very soft because the jet is Brass.
Maybe the carburettor body needs to be heated first. I don''t know. It would
be wise to ask Burlen.
Peter Howells