Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Carpeting Stag

  David,
        Thanks for that. Certainly, South East Trimmings are on my
short list and it's good to know you were satisfied with their product.
Their current price for wool is £195.
        Trouble is it is difficult to compare qualities of the various firms
who sell carpets and prices do vary a lot, so it's useful to get the views
of people like you.
        Sorry to hear you couldn't bring a car onto campus. I assume from
that you must have lived in one of the Colleges because you can bring
a car in if you live at Parkwood or commute in each day. I have to buy a
permit from the University for the privilege of parking here to work for them.
I think they're hand in glove with John Prescott trying to force us to come
to work by 'bus!
                                                                              Stan Barnett.

On Thu, 30 Jul 1998 13:53:42 +0100 (BST) David Luke XL/EE <etlddle@domain.elided>
wrote:
>I purchased a full carpet set, in the original material, yet a non-standard
>colour about a year ago. Fitting is quite easy once you get the transmission
>tunnel piece in!
>
>I bought it from South East Trimming (01795 522591) in Teynham.
>
>The chap who runs it may appear unhelpful and taciturn over the phone, but the
>carpet he sold me was good, with the original underlay material as well as
>the original "TRIUMPH" rubber mats in the front floor pieces.
>
>The MKII sets are 110 pounds (nylon) or wool ones are 180 pounds. The wool
>is much nicer as the pile does not spread when the carpet goes round bends.
>
>He also does pieces for the boot, which I bought also.
>
>The reason they are much cheaper than from Rimmers, etc. is that they are
>of the same material but a bit more raw, ie, some cutting was required, and
>some hole-making for seats, steering column etc.
>
>The end result is as good as from any other supplier.
>
>When I attended the University of Kent I wasn't even allowed a car onto the
>campus, carpet fitted or not!!
>
>Good luck,
>
>David Luke. (Beng '95 UKC)
>The opinions stated here are mine alone and do not neccessarily
>reflect the opinions of Ericsson Telecommunications Ltd.
>Telephone Office: +44 1444 23 19 65

S.A.Barnett,
Deputy Director of Estates,
Estates Department,