Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Copy of: Battery

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

From:   Mike Wattam, 101714,1343
TO:     INTERNET:duncanm@domain.elided, INTERNET:duncanm@domain.elided
DATE:   26/07/98 13:52

RE:     Copy of: Battery

Hi Duncan

The correct battery for the Stag is a type 071.  This is a universal part
number, used by all (UK) battery makers and suppliers of (foreign)
batteries.

With the Stag I would tend to use a genuine Lucas battery, a bit more
expensive but definitely long-life so you don't have to keep taking it out
all the time, very important!!  For this reason, I would not recommend
Unipart Samson batteries which are attractively priced and have a free
lifetime warranty, but need changing every couple of years - I always use
them on 'cooking' cars but not the Stag.  Call me lazy.........

Note that Volkswagen dealers are also doing very good deals at the moment
on Bosch/Varta batteries badged 'Quantum' but I am not sure if they are
selling these in type 071.  Both Bosch and Varta batteries are excellent
quality.

Mike Wattam
Triumph Stag Register