Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Copy of: Battery

Hi All
The Stag needs a 56 amphour battery according to the manual and handbook
My understanding is that while the 071 battery will do the job reasonably
well, it is not up to 56amp hours. I believe it is rated 50 amphours
I actually use a Unipart Samson Battery, and its true the first two of them
lasted two years, but the current one has been in there three and a half
years, and the replacements were free of charge. I think a new alternator has
helped the last one.
This battery is not any more listed for the Stag.
I do notice with that 071 battery that the flashers work more slowly when the
engine is switched off.
This is not the case on other cars I have owned. I have to put it down to the
battery being 50 amp hours and not 56, but I could be wrong. Electricians,
please let us pick your brains.
Peter Howells