Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Running the first time

The car is a 1971 VIN#  LE1105l with I guese a 13 psi radiator cap. I
was getting some blow by into the overflow bottle. No coolent in the vee
under the manifold.Radiator seems to be in good shape.The car has 70,000
total miles. It passed CA smog in 12/94 not shore sence the rebuild but
it looks like about 12,000 miles. I've been all over the body and it is
totaly rust free. The interior is almost spotless. The front right
fender was brazed on, a good job but not spot welds. I guess  I was
unclear about the trans. It shifts into gear just fine, in fact I
tortured the 2nd gear sync. by doing hard change downs. What I meant is
in the lower gears there is gear whine from the trans.  I have not
pulled the thermostat  housing but I'll bet there is no thermostat in
there. The car was parked for about 3  1/2 years. But prior to this time
it was well maintained acording to the records.

Duncan Miller