Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Stag oil filters

Hi All
If you cannot get the GFE147 with the metal end caps showing a raised
triangular concentric profiled ring pressed into the metal end cap then you
risk problems.
Why not go for the Spin on solution which I did 35k miles ago and...... well
its lasted this far without problems.  Oil pressure still perfect.
It uses a GFE173 cannister filter (BMW Filter) and is easy to change. Works
fine.
Anyone want to buy my old original oil filter bowl and bits that go with it?
Peter Howells
Oh. who said torque the heads. Yes must do that each 6000. Otherwise black
stuff (oil) starts appearing in the coolant. Retorqueing will close it off
again Torque  55ftlbs to 60ftlbs (Changed from 50/55 to this for TR7 in 1981
factory letter)
Peter Howells