Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Running the first time

Duncan - a possibility - years ago my car acted like that and it was
the thrust washer(s?) on the crank. 4th gear made no noise, but there
was a whine when driving (accelerating) in any of the other gears.
Hope this is not the problem, but (as best I can tell) there was no
damage from it, just an annoying whine (I had the engine rebuilt for
other reasons and that fixed the problem).

Ted Rose