Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: Poly bushings

Are these bush's Super-Pro and if so have you got the SPF No.? I can
then check if they are the correct part. I could'nt read your E-mail
sketch (lost in translation). However the Super-Pro bushes I have used
do look different with an ear on each side of the bush, this stops the
Track Control Arm form wandering and prevents metal to metal contact
between the Track Control Arm and the Front Suspension Cross-member. The
bushes are tight to fit (squeezing in the polyurethane ears distorts it
like hell) but unlike some rubber bushes I have fitted the polyurethane
wont tear. The main body of the polyurethane bush is smaller in diameter
than the rubber one.This is because the polyurethane bush is designed to
allow the arm to rotate easily on the correct axis, whereas the rubber
bush is compressed when installed and all movement is from the rubber
distorting.

Hope this helps.

Richard  Brake