Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Tyres

Fereday, Chris wrote:

> Hi,
> I need a new set of tyres. Looking around the car, there seems to be a fair
> mix (mainly Good Year).
>
> Is 185 HR14 the correct size?
>
> Is it recommended to fit 70 series tyres?
>
> Will TR rated tyres suffice?
>
> I'm told that HR is only available in Michelins MXVP... £75.00 each!
> Is this correct?

Chris,

Yes 185HR14 is the correct size although I believe that some later stags
were supplied with 175 for some reason.

I have fitted 70 series as they are easier to get hold of and give
better road holding. However the speedo will be approx 5% out. If you
fit 195 or 205 then the speedo error will be less but you may foul the
suspension or the arches.

You can fit any speed rating but it must be at least HR as insurance
companies may wriggle out in the event of a claim.

Regards,

Dave.
--
	Dave Biggs