Stag/Stag Digest Archive

administrivia: disruptive times, these

this is a mostly explanatory note about the state of affairs with respect
to all the lists.

last summer, i built a server for the purpose of running all the lists. at
this time, all but the bmw-digest have moved; the bmw-digest has been
delayed for various reasons having to do with the fact that my life and
career have been engaged, after 10 years of relative stability in the same
old job, in a substantial amount of shapeshifting. as many of you may
recall, last summer i moved from my old job integrating AI code for various
US government photo interpretation projects to a new business that was
being created by my employer of the time -- CMA consulting services (older
list members may remember when the lists were run on balltown.cma.com) was
spinning off INet Solutions, an Internet Services and Network Management firm.

despite much promise at the start, it became very clear after the first of
the year that INet Solutions was not going to be a place i wanted to make a
career.  i gave notice in April; the disappearance of the server from the
network for a couple of days back then was a result of my removing it from
my office and getting it to a new location before i gave notice to CMA/INet.

i then spent May with an old college roommate putting together a business
plan.  we are now deep in the process of building a new network services
business, and looking for startup capital. this will be very time
consuming, but i'm still watching the server pretty closely. this last
problem with the server arose during a vacation, probably the last one i'll
get for quite a while.

anyway, the server is alive and well, i'm going to get the bmw-digest moved
"any day now", and along about september or october, i may well be able to
have the server at my desk at work again. in the mean time, does anybody
out there on the lists have a couple of million dollars laying around for a
promising new WAN management venture?

cheers,
  richard