Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Yikes!!!!

Yes Mike you are right about owt for nowt and free lunches.
Apparently, ( I have since been told) the alternator chucks out plenty of
watts and this is normally wasted. Apparently it can easily run an Electric
Fan. Also the fan can be wired to run on after the car stopped to prevent
those carbies getting too hot and making hot starting so difficult, which I
hear about so much.
Not forgetting every other modern car has an electric fan.
So sorry purists, but I am using my car every day, and whilst I will keep it
looking original where original looks good, I will still modify to improve
performance if higher tech parts are now available.
Example: the headlights warning buzzer has saved my battery at least twice.
Lumenition: Aids my starting / runnning
Smartscreen: I bought one with advice from this mailing list. Hope to install
soon.
Diff nose extension : I have the Tony Hart strengthened one.
Stainless exhaust: I have tailpipes but will go the lot next time (Although my
mild steel pipes have lasted 8 years!!)
Cogged Drive Belts: To replace the smooth ones I keep as emergency items.
Oil Pressure Gauge: Nuff said recently
High Power SOC Bulbs: I want
Air Horns: Only £14 when they had to be replaced for MOT
Metal Link Rod Ends for Carbs: Must get those
Poly Bushes: No more costly MOT suspension jobs
Spax: You know about those
Spin on oil Filter: Much easier when I do it!
Electric Fan: Next
Fuel injection: I wish

Peter Howells