Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Oil pressure

Hi
Following on from this my oil pressure is 34 at 800rpm and 45 at 3000rpm.
This is 10% lower than it was 35000 miles ago when the engine was rebuilt.
Recently the oil pump was overhauled, not correctly at first, and my oil
pressure was exaclty same as the speedo. Yes 80 at 80mph, as well as 5 at
5mph. A visit back to the garage to free the oil relief valve and its back as
it was. My concern at running with such high oil pressure was that I would
overpressure the timing chains and wear out the adjusters, but it was all over
very quickly and theres no timing chain rattle.
Peter H