Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: Oil pressure

Bruce
 I have rebuilt a few Stag engines and found the oil pressure to be
about
20-25psi with a hot engine at 600 RPM. A different Oil may help if you
have
a 10w/30 it will give you a lower pressure than a 10w/50 the best oil
for hot
performance is Castrol RS 10w/60 but very expensive.
 My advice would be to look at the oil pump, if that makes no difference

and the engine runs ok do not worry about it.

Adrian Oates

74 Stag Auto
82 Lotus Esprit