Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Speedo Gears

Dear All

In view of the recent confusion over speedo gearing, I hope the following
is of interest.

The Stag MANUAL gearbox uses a 6 tooth driving worm (NKC0045) and an 18
tooth driven gear (NKC0049).  This is in all conditions with the standard
rear axle ratio of 3.70:1.

Alternative driving worm gears are available;
5 tooth NKC 0046
8 tooth NKC 0047

And alternative driven gears;
17 tooth NKC 0051
20 tooth NKC 0048

From which you should be able to re-gear most circumstances of rear axle
ratio changes.

As previously, I would always recommend you have the speedo head
reconditioned and re-calibrated to ensure this reads corectly.

Mike Wattam
Triumph Stag Register