Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: Am I foolish?

HI Jake,

In my personal opinion.
I would trust belonging to a stag car club before I would trust any
dealer.
OK as an everyday car..... so long as you have a backup just in case.
I'd go for a MKII at least some of the initial problems were sorted by
then (of course past owners of MKI's will have put most things
right..??). Things like body stripes, overdrive and alloy wheels make
them more appealing to me.
I would by the best car I could (even going to 8-9k). When major things
go wrong with a stag it costs. At 5-6k it sounds as though you may not
get what you actually want. (prices based on translation to NZ dollars
and what you can get here in NZ). I expect to spend the equivalent of
over 8k pounds to do a severe bare metal restoration.

dean cunningham
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/deancunningham/