Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Am I foolish?

From a non-list mailer:

After 9 years of owning Heralds, Vitesses, 2000s, PI's, and a TR6 I've decided to take the
plunge and buy a Stag.  Basically I've just finished a bare metal resto on the 6 which is
obviously going to be a dry weather car now.  Now I have more time and money I want to
replace the current daily Euro box with a Stag (i.e. it'll be my everyday car).  My budget is
about 5-6 thousand pounds for which I want a car with a rebuilt engine, no rust, with soft
and hard tops.  I would prefer a dealer car as I don't know enough about Stags to trust my
judgement.

A few questions:

Am I stupid to consider a Stag for daily use or should I not believe everything I read?
Am I realistic price wise?
Good UK dealers to speak to?
Pitfalls to look out for?
MK1 or MK2, which is the better car?

Sorry to bother you with stuff that is probably general knowledge to most people on the
list, if anyone is thinking of buying a 6 I can tell you anything you want to know though!!

Jake Atkinson
Sta00@domain.elided
University of Keele