Stag/Stag Digest Archive

alignment question

I'd start off by loosening all the suspension components you have
re-worked, and roll the car backwards and forwards on a piece of flat
ground.

Then re-tighten all without taking the weight off the wheels and you should
find it is much better.

If still visibly wrong, most independant car repairers (and the tyre shops)
have wheel alignment equipment that can be used to align the back end.
However, in my experience it is easy enough to do this operation by eye or
straight-edge.

To actually achieve this do this you must add 'E' shaped shims to the outer
trailing arm mounting bracket (attached to rear subframe).  The part number
is 138640, you may need 3 or 4.

Could it be possible that when you put the rear end back together, that you
could have put the shims back but in the wrong position?  Just a thought.

Hope this helps

Mike Wattam
Triumph Stag Register