Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: SR vs. HR Tyres

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip J Wardle <Philip_J_Wardle@domain.elided>
To: Stag Digest <stag-digest@domain.elided>
Date: Friday, January 09, 1998 4:50 PM
Subject: SR vs. HR Tyres

Hello all,

Peter Howells wrote:

> Well you have a SR rated tyre there. Mine are HR and they only just fit
into
> the spare wheel well. Perhaps the tread on the SR is more bulky.
Originally
> they were Michelins, and some of those had shallow treads. Are SR OK on
> a Stag.  I was told to use HR speed rating.

You must use HR - apart from the higher speed rating, the HR tyres are able
to handle a higher torque (braking and acceleration). Also, if you were
unlucky
enough to have an accident, your insurance company could use the fact that
you had fitted SR tyres as a reason (excuse?) not to pay-out !

Regards,
Phil Wardle

Phil,
Thanks for the information.  I will replace them at a early date.  it's a
shame, because these tires do not have many miles on them.
D. Brown