Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Non-Standard Tyre sizes

-----Original Message-----
From: PGAHOWELLS <PGAHOWELLS@domain.elided>
To: thebrown@domain.elided <thebrown@domain.elided>; stag-digest@domain.elided
<stag-digest@domain.elided>
Date: Friday, January 09, 1998 4:15 PM
Subject: Re: Non-Standard Tyre sizes

>Hi There Mr Brown
>
>Well you have a SR rated tyre there. Mine are HR and they only just fit
into
>the spare wheel well.
>Perhaps the tread on the SR is more bulky. Originally they were Michelins,
and
>some of those had shallow treads.
>Are SR OK on a Stag.
>I was told to use HR speed rating
>Peter Howells
>71 Damson Tan Auto
>LD669BW

Peter,
I don't know about SR vs. HR ratings on a Stag.  I don't intend to drive it
above 70 miles per hour, so any rating is OK.  These are nice looking tires.
The only problem will be, when I need to replace one.  They are not made any
longer, these were made in Japan.  By the way, they were on the car when I
bought it 3 years ago.  Yes, they do have a very aggressive tread.
D. Brown