Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Steering Rack Leak

Fellow Stag owners,

My '75 manual Stag has developed a steering rack leak. The leak is on the left side (right hand drive car), from under the rubber gaiter.

I am hoping this is just a case of perished 23 year old rubber seals, but I have had little experience with power steering racks and would appreciate any advice or information.

I would presume that to replace any seals would involve dropping the rack completely off and replacing all seals while I'm at it.

Simon Grad
1975 Stag manual with o/d
Melbourne, Australia