Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: stag-digest V3 #41(Krusty)

PGAHOWELLS wrote:
> Well that provoked some useful responses.
> Glenns explanation is most useful (How come this guy knows so much? My
> adequacy is challenged!!)
> I am quite happy to pay for the service, and also happy to change from AOL to
> an acceptable service provider (list to be provided?).
> My Stag means more to me than being an AOL customer. They have lousy file
> transfer as well if you use Lotus Software. Only the 1-2-3 spreadsheets get
> through from the office. Never mind, we'll get there I guess. We run Stags.
> They always get there in the end, may be pushed, beaten, shoved, cajoled,
> polished silly, fitted with all sorts of better engines (???!!@**!!),
> gearboxes, drive shafts ignition etc etc etc, had their ridiculous
> extravagances met (3000 mile service intervals- I ask you! ), but they get
> there!!!! Wonderful stuff!

Hello Peter and All,
	You sure know how to read those posts, I had overlooked the lower part
of Richards e-mail thinking it was just a sregular Digest tatus update
sort of thing.  Then, as a result of your post, I went back and
re-read.  I can really stir it up though, eh?  Don't panic yet, there
are solutions coming.
	Now Peter, don't feel inadequate, I just have a higher BS factor than
some others...my eyes are real brown!!!;-}}} Comes from being a
Consultant!!;-}}
	From Richards responses, I think you are safe on AOL for now.  I do not
think that AOL is on the list, since he knows one of AOL's e-mail
security SPAM guys. And for those that may be on the list, I hope that
Richard sends a post of what Internet Service Providers  (ISP's) are to
be deleted from his Digests before the new software is loaded.
Fortunately for me, I have an option to subscribe to the Digests via AOL
and still keep Netcom for my business use, as Netcom hosts my Web site.
Problem there is that I get so much e-mail SPAM in AOL, it takes me an
hour a day to sort through the SPAM and real mail, update my block list,
etc.  The problem is that some users may only have one ISP available
that is local for them like in rural areas, changing ISP's may mean long
distance phone charges to change to another service.
	I recommend that everyone go to the ANTI-SPAM sites and become informed
as to the problem, follow the recommendations and reeport all
unsolicited e-mail  SPAMMERS to those registry's.

Regards to all and Happy New Year,
Glenn Merrell