Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Some simple questions

1/  How tightly should spark plugs be installed ? (e.g. hand tight plus half a
turn or torque figures)
My answer -I twist them up until I feel resistance. then quarter turn max on
the tommy bar

2/ Where are the most sensible places to jack the car up from and place axle
stands ?  (particularly if the underside is not exactly corrosion free)
My answer - The Jack points. I used a wheel off a skate board with L cut out
of it in the Trolley Jack cup. fits a treat with that little pin in the centre
hole
Axle stands front under brackets where the steering rack bolts on, and rear
under the sub frame flats.
I tried jacking uner the axle casing once as per manual but I didn't like it.

3/ Has anyone had their boot floor replaced ?  Is it a big/expensive job ?
Someone else

4/ My Stag will be 25 years old in July.  What is the procedure for going tax-
exempt ?
You will have to pay and claim a refund when it enters its 26th year.

5/ Has anyone used the 'Spitfire Graveyard'  in Sheffield for Stag bits ?  Are
they any good ?
I'll be interested in the answers here.

Peter Howells