Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Oil

Dear Louis

Yes, I have used them on occasion, but I must say I have never noticed any
difference.  This ranges from STP and Wynns in somewhat dodgy motors,
through to some Molyslip in the diff of my Stag when new (still on the
original, although it does whine a bit).

There is however no substitute for scientific tests and nobody has EVER
done this that I know of.  I think you are likely to gain much more from
using a 'quality' oil and changing it regularly in a Stag (3000 mile oil
changes with filter).

Do not forget that somebody who has just spent loads of money on a tin of
wonder additive will either keep very quiet if they can find no difference
- or claim it is the best thing since sliced bread, in an attempt not to
look foolish.

Sceptical, aren't I?

Mike Wattam
Triumph Stag Register