Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: ???What ATF for Power Steering Pump????

Hi Lenny

I think you have to find out for sure whats in there. Bad to mix Dexron and
ATF Type F.
Well in gearboxes anyway. Somewhere I read one works on increasing viscosity
and the other on decreasing viscosity. I don't suppose a Steering rack gets
hot so I suppose it doesn't matter which is in there. But still bad to mix
because of the seals.
I don't see a procedure for draining rack or I would recommend drain and
refill with Type F, which is, as you know I guess, the  recommended type. No
doubt to really clean out wrong fluid its a strip and clean job you don't
want.

Peter