Stag/Stag Digest Archive

???What ATF for Power Steering Pump????

My Stag has not run in about 2 years and I am getting to the point where
everything is coming to gether in anticipation of Starting it up again.
I need to refill my power steering fluid pump resevoir and looked in the
shop manual which recommends Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) Type F.
I'm not sure what was left in the rack, but I think it was Dextron
formula fluid.

Would I be OK if I used Dextron II (I think it's called II) fluid that
is made for both Ford (type F) and all other automatic transmissions? I
know back a few years ago(20 or so) you couldn't use Type F in place of
Dextron and vice versa.
--
Lenny Seidman
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, USA