Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Garage condensation problems

I have been tempted by the Carcoon system but a recent article in the SOC
magazine has put me off. Did you see it?  The problem that we have had this
autumn is that we had a cold spell followed by a warm humid period.  The
surface of cars that are cold will always have condensation on them when
subjected to warm humid air and in this respect I do not see how a Carcoon
would be any better than a well ventilated garage. However with regard to
keeping dust off the car I should think they are excellent.

I keep my car in a barn, timber with tiled roof, which has good natural
ventilation and usually the car is very dry and will dry out quickly if wet
from a run in the rain - however as discussed above it did attract a lot of
condensation this autumn.

Any comments

Regards

Graham Nicholson