Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Cylinder Head Remover?

I've heard all sorts of horror stories of people trying to remove the
heads of their Stag engines and finding them almost welded to the
blocks due to corrosion. Well, I just received the Winter 1997 Moss
Motoring (USA) magazine, and saw something of interest. On page 24 is
an item described as a TR7 Cylinder Head Remover (at $449.95US). It
appears to be a large, angled flat plate. and is advertised as being
"the only safe and effective way to remove one of these stuck heads
without resorting to dynamite or blowtorch".

Although pricey, I'm wondering if such a device would work as well for
the Stag motors since they're a derivation of the TR7 four pot.

Comments?

     Bruce

      Bruce A. Krobusek
        Rochester   NY