Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Jackshaft Float

I have just removed my second water pump in 4 months from my 75 Stag.
This time it looks like the gear on the jackshaft may be slightly worn.
Is there something I am not aware of here. Does anyone know why my car
eats water pumps. What is the m,aximum permissible float on the
jackshaft where it fixes through the engine block. Is there a specified
tolerance for this. I cant find one anywhere.

I hope that someone can help me resolve this problem.

Yours Frustratedly,

W.McFadden.

P.S. I dont suppose anyone has a jackshaft for sale?.