From: 72 Fiat [SMTP:fiat1600@domain.elided]
Sent: Friday, January 23, 1998 9:56 PM
To: Italian-Cars@domain.elided
Subject: 124 Suspension woes

Hi all,

Well, after installing International Auto performance springs and KYB
GR-2 shocks in my '72 124 Sport Coupe, the thing rides really rough.  I
figured the KYBs would be tamer than Konis and give a better ride.  I
can't complain about the handling, but small road imperfections can
really be felt and heard in the car.  Any advice?

One good thing I can say about the springs is they did a great job of
lowering the car to an attractive height.

As an aside, the rear shocks were Konis (I didn't know they were until I
pulled them off)...  But, they seemed like they were dead to me..  I
would push or pull them and they wouldn't move from wherever I stopped.
I thought Konis had a lifetime warranty... true or no?  If so, do they
ever need to be re-charged or something?

Thanks...