RE: [ihc] fuel pump question

>I'm concerned that replacing the fuel pump with the "inverted U shaped"
>actuator arm (the pump with the bad diaphram) with a
>fuel pump that has a "cast" actuator arm (like the arm
>that I found broken) will result in having to
>continually replace the pump.

Hmmm...never seen a fuel pump with a cast operating lever...

There are rebuild kits out there. The site I have posted here in the past
doesn't turn up in a search anymore that I can see, but
www.classicpreservation.com offers them.

Lance's experience is interesting. Blaming the failures on 'modern gas
additives' is pathetic, the additives have been well known for some time.
Sounds like an excuse for poor materials/workmanship to me.

If you go electric, a fuel pump block-off plate for a big block
Chevy(readily available) will work.

Jim