[ihc] Re: Surplus cabs and such

----- Original Message -----
From: <furtek@domain.elided>
To: "Ryan Moore" <baradium@domain.elided>
Cc: "Mac McMuffin" <mac@domain.elided>; "John M. Adams" <jma@domain.elided>;
"Ted Borck" <tborck@domain.elided>; "Joel Furtek" <furtek@domain.elided>; "Rocky Lear"
<rockylear@domain.elided>; <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 16:26
Subject: Re: Surplus cabs and such

> Ryan,
> I was under the impression that AMGeneral and the USG had an agreement
that surplus HMMWV's would NOT be sold.  Perhaps urban legend.  I know that
some did make it out into the market (and i heard a pretty good tall tale
about that), but I have never seen one in a surplus auction.
> To be honest, I never looked that closely, because despite being a little
guy who owns big trucks, I've never felt the need to own something so
clearly "Ahrohld", if you know what I mean.
> Best,
> Joel

Well, my friend who was in the marines told me that with a military ID, you
can buy a HMMWV from the DRMO yard where he was in Lejune,  was either $2500
or $3500 for a good running truck with a complete parts vehicle.

I've also seen a number of surplus places that sell HMMWVs.  Although they
want a bit more than that DRMO yard rate.  You can find them if you search
online...

I think originally they didn't excess any, mainly because AM General was
refurbishing all of them, but that's not completely true now.  Don't know
how often they get excessed though, although it can't be all *that* uncommon
if the DRMO yard can sell them to military personel like that...

-Ryan

---