Re: [ihc] Wiper motor rate control, engine question

I can't believe I'm going to post something SUPPORTING Ryan, but; I
spent the last year wiperless in My Scout and had good results with the
Rain-X Gel. As Ryan said, it does a good job clearing away the rain,
even going slow, if it is fresh enough. The challenge is applying it
frequently enough. Also, the key is surface preparation. You must clean
the window thoroughly before application. The only problem I had was in
a sleety, driving rain I got ice accumulation acrossed the top of the
windshield that would build DOWN the windshield into the line of sight
till it finally got to heavy under it's own weight and fly off. I
couldn't do anything to get rid of the ice without the wipers. Also, the
other problem was, the State of NJ didn't like my "but, it's got Rain-X
on it" line at Inspection time when my wipers wouldn't work.

--
Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided