Re: [ihc] Wiper motor rate control, engine question

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Stegmann" <steve.stegmann@domain.elided>
To: "John Hofstetter" <hofs@domain.elided>; "David Bongo" <dbongo@domain.elided>
Cc: "IHC Digest" <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 14:05
Subject: Re: [ihc] Wiper motor rate control, engine question

> David, John
>
> My wipers have two speeds, "really slow" and "even
> slower than that".  Interval control might be nice but
> the speeds are so slow I'm not sure why anyone would
> want to control it at all.
>
> Steve

My diesel's wipers have one speed...   "not moving"

I'm afraid that if I tried to change the wiper motor, the windshield frame
would fall apart, so I'm leaving it for now.  With rain-x it's never an
issue.  I drove through the remnants of Ivan and never had a problem with
visibility, even in torrential rains and no wipers.

I am a very firm believer in rain-x, I use it on the '78 which has working
wipers too.  Many times this leads to me sitting there going down the road
thinking "hmm, should I turn on the wipers?" while other cars have their's
going full blast and still can't see.  In rains that used to have me with
the wipers full blast, I'll be doing intermittant manually because there
really isn't enough water on the windshield to leave them on.  Even then,
there's not really enough to have to turn them on at all, even for a second,
although it does help slightly to give it a pass to get rid of the very
small droplets that havn't gotten rid of themselves yet... maybe
intermittant wipers would still be nice...

Of course, the only time it's really a factor is when going slow wiht
little/no wind or rain.  Faster you go or the harder it rains, the better it
comes off on its own.

-Ryan

---