Re: [ihc] Re: OT but neat/Cog

----- Original Message -----
From: "John M. Adams" <jma@domain.elided>
To: "William Cunningham" <slypigs@domain.elided>; "Ryan Moore"
<baradium@domain.elided>; "J. Michael Daugherty"
<cartshareholder@domain.elided>; <ihc@domain.elided>
Cc: <dgregg@domain.elided>
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2004 14:34
Subject: RE: [ihc] Re: OT but neat/Cog

<snip>

> > Thats what I felt like yesterday, Glad I did'nt look at that add until
> > today. Why? If you have ever installed a new alt in a 1988 Honda Civic
> > with air, you know what a cascading series of events gets set into
> > motion.
> >
> >   Made me laugh.
> >
> > Willy
>
> I had one of those once... I seem to remember spending a whole afternoon
on
> a belt replacement that would take 5 minutes on another vehicle. I was too
> amazed even to be mad. It's like the engineers had looked at too many Dr.
> Seuss machines, or MC Escher drawings...  Even though it had been a pretty
> good runner, I decided to sell it soon after. I try to remember stuff like
> that when I start to get frustrated with my trucks. Anyone remember the VW
> guy's (Muir?) mantra "feel your tools"? I use "remember the Honda" and it
> all gets better.
>
> John A.

Friend of mine had to remove an engine mount to change the serpintine belt
on a ford taurus he had for a while (SHO).  Anyway, the belt actually goes
*around* the engine mount on the passenger side (sideways mounted engine).
He had to change the timing belts on that one too... was even more fun.

He doesn't have that car anymore.

-Ryan

---