Re: [ihc] Re: OT but neat/Cog

----- Original Message -----
From: "J. Michael Daugherty" <cartshareholder@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>
Cc: <dgregg@domain.elided>
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2004 21:33
Subject: [ihc] Re: OT but neat/Cog

> > http://www.ebaumsworld.com/honda-ad.html
> >
> > Enjoy
> > David A. Gregg
>
>      Thanks for the link David; much enjoyment indeed.  It seems that I
> would have remembered seeing that one television but I don't, perhaps it
> never showed in the U.S.of A.  Probably I am wrong and it did play - I
just
> wasn't watching...but over the years, I have watched lots of open wheel
> racing where Honda engines are used and lots of Honda commercials are
> repeatedly aired.  It seems that Honda would have recognized the universal
> appeal of taking things apart to see the inner workings and aired "Cog" in
> all of their markets.

I saw that before somewhere else.

There was a big deal about it on the time... because there is absolutely
nothing in that ad that is computer generated.  They actually got that setup
to work.  They got the wheels to move up the ramp by putting weights in them
so that by going "up" the ramp the CG still went down.

I forget how many times it took to get it right... but it was a LOT of them!
And it took a long time to set it up each time.  I think the biggest
problems they had was the windshield wipers and one of the parts that rolls
(forget which one).  They started out not getting far, but they also had a
lot of times some of the very last parts didn't work.

If you didn't catch it, the wipers come on because it has automatic wipers
that  come on when water is detected on the windshield.  Every single part
in that ad is a part used in that car.  Obviously not the car that rolls
down the ramp ;)

-Ryan

---