Re: [ihc] electrical

Kevin,
On my '70 800, it was the points-style voltage regulator. A replacement was $30, but a solid-state model, otherwise identical, was around $12 and held a much tighter swing!
Both prices were at the NAPA in Pittsboro. Bit of a drive from Rockingham, but if you ever get stuck finding the right part, those fellas love a challenge. New Hope Auto right on the main street there in Pittsboro, on old US64.
Makes the NAPA up here look silly.
Best,
Joel

I have a 1967 Scout 800 w/196 engine.  My ammeter needle is bouncing rapidly
back and forth and is sometimes settling on the discharge side and staying
there.  I haven't began to work on this yet.  I just replaced the Alternator
and the voltage regulator.  The needle bouncing was occuring before the new
parts and still is.  Any comments where to start looking.  I do plan to
replace the constant voltage regulator.

Thanks,
Kevin in NC

--
	Selling my c.1900 country home. Visit my web site for details!!!!
Joel Furtek					QuarryHaven