From: owner-ihc@domain.elided [mailto:owner-ihc@domain.elided] On Behalf Of Kevin
Moore
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 11:10 AM
To: ihc-digest@domain.elided
Subject: [ihc] electrical

I have a 1967 Scout 800 w/196 engine.  My ammeter needle is bouncing rapidly
back and forth and is sometimes settling on the discharge side and staying
there.  I haven't began to work on this yet.  I just replaced the Alternator
and the voltage regulator.  The needle bouncing was occuring before the new
parts and still is.  Any comments where to start looking.  I do plan to
replace the constant voltage regulator.

Thanks,
Kevin in NC