Re: Re[2]: [ihc] Holley projection help

John,

One real advantage that I've noticed is the ability to
change the warm-up characteristics of the system.  The
stock settings bring the O2 sensor on way too early
for these old cast iron monsters.  Mine would start
and run great at 0 deg F.  But after driving about a
mile it would run like they all did in 1978, lousy.
With the digital I can compensate for that one
specific problem.

The biggest problem for me with the dial system is
that it was never quite clear what those four systems
did in a carburetor.

The digital separates everything so you can adjust
just one little thing at a time to get it tuned
correctly.

If, however, it's already running great, then you'd
never notice the difference in 20 years.

I think we've all forgotten how crappy cars ran back
in the late 70s, early 80s.  We all hated the EPA
because of the cars running terrible and burning extra
gas.  But the EFI pretty much fixed all of those
problems.

I remember the first EFI vehicle I drove up in the
mountains of Colorado (90 Aerostar).  I was just
amazed, that it was so easy.  Sure it lost power at
altitude but it would start and run fine, no big
clouds of black smoke, no stalling, no overheating.

Hehe, my diesel sure can make amazing clouds of smoke
pulling my trailer at 9000 ft.

Steve