Re: [ihc] Looking for parts, info

----- Original Message -----
From: "Colin MM Rush" <salmineo@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2004 13:26
Subject: [ihc] Looking for parts, info

<snip>

> These hubcaps are to go on a '69 pickup.  If anyone is somewhat close to
> me (on the I-5 corridor in Oregon or Washington, or in eastern Oregon), I
> need some other parts for the same.  I am looking for a good useable
> tailgate and hood, in the factory gold paint.  No hood buckling, and no
> holes in the tailgate, as I already have that.  I also could use a
> crossmember for an NP-202 transfer case.  I am doing a 4WD conversion,
> and that is the only thing left for me to round up.

Got your work cut out for you, huh?

> I am going to put in a T-35 eventually (will pick it up when the yard
> owner gets back next week), and am curious about something.  It is my
> understanding that the 5-speeds were optional on the '74 and '75 trucks.
> Did the factory move the transfer case back too when they moved the
> engine and trans back for those last years?  If not, then since I have a
> '69, I should have adequate room for the jackshaft between the trans and
> the T-case with the e-brake that comes with the trans.

Ok, I think I see where you are going... you want to know if they left the
t-case in the same place, becuase if they did then the extra length of the
e-brake won't be a factor since you don't have the set back?

>If they did, then
> I am guessing I will have to move the T-case mounting holes and modify my
> front and rear propellor shaft lengths.  I am mainly trying to map things
> out for the next couple of months to see if it is feasible for me to
> complete this project in time for the 2005 OBDR.
> -Colin Rush

Seems you'll at least have to have a new intermediate shaft made.

If you take long enough for my 1310 to actually make it down here, I'll snap
some pictures.  As of right now, the bed still isn't off of it so it's still
waiting before I will be able to arrange transport.  Anyway, it has a T-34
and is 4x4, so I could give you an idea of what stock spacing for your truck
would be and you could compare that to how much longer the e-brake makes the
ensemble.

-Ryan

---