Re: [ihc] Looking for parts, info

Colin MM Rush wrote:
Hey all,
These hubcaps are to go on a '69 pickup.  If anyone is somewhat close to
me (on the I-5 corridor in Oregon or Washington, or in eastern Oregon), I
Did you get this from JD?  who got it from Hooper? :)

I am going to put in a T-35 eventually (will pick it up when the yard
owner gets back next week), and am curious about something. It is my
understanding that the 5-speeds were optional on the '74 and '75 trucks. Did the factory move the transfer case back too when they moved the
engine and trans back for those last years? If not, then since I have a
AFAIK, they didn't move the t'case back - they used a very short jackshaft between the transmission and transfercase, but left the t'case in the same spot as the 69-73s, and share front driveshafts.

'69, I should have adequate room for the jackshaft between the trans and
the T-case with the e-brake that comes with the trans.  If they did, then
I tried to put my T-35 into my '74 Travelette with the engine set-back and retain the e-brake hardware, but ended up ditching the E-brake gear entirely. It BARELY fit between the two sides of the transmission tunnel / floor, and I never did try to put the transmission tunnel cover in place with the e-brake hardware. I took plenty of pictures, available on my website.

OTOH, John Comer has a '75 500 pickup with a T19 and tail-mounted E-brake, equipped from the factory and presumably fits just fine - but I've never looked close enough at it to say how the T19's e-brake compares to my T-35's, or if the shorter T19 meant more room, or if there's some other trickery taking place to make the cab and tunnel more accomodating.

I realize the '69 will have the transmission forward a few inches, but I'm still not sure you'll be successful in getting the drum and hardware to fit between the floor cut out and the tunnel cover.

It *would* be neat if you did, of course. :)

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://tigger.tmcom.com/~tsm1/postnuke