RE: Re[4]: [ihc] D series spare tire cover

## >> You sure that's not the regular folding back seat? I'm hard pressed to
## >> describe the 3rd row seat as 'full width'.

both of my linesets have the second row seat as "intermediate fold seat".
neither has the rearmost seat listed, and no evidence they ever had one
aftermarket either.  i don't think i'd have described the third row seat as
"full width", but...  maybe there was more than one option for rearmost
seating, and the bench that went all the way across was listed as "full
width" for that reason.  i'm reaching here, i know.

## >> >As it is, I only have seating for six, would've been nice to
## >> have that back
## >> seat,
## >> >though it doesn't appear that it would be very easy to access.
## >>
## >> Yeah, pretty much a monkey crawl to get back there, and
## >> anyone bigger than a
## >> little kid gets 'knees in face' syndrome.

"only have seating for six".  in a pinch you can cram 8 soldiers in there
(on the seats, not counting who you can stack up on the cargo deck and roof
rack), and it's still not as crunched as six people in some of the newer
"full size" trucks i've been in.  before she got her new car, Becca used to
haul all sorts of military personnel and their gear around the post in my
truck.  plenty big enough, if you ask me.  the guys who have ridden in my
TravelAll agree it's got more room than a HMMWV does.

looking at the 800A stock back seat, i'd think you'd have similar "knee in
face" problems if you mount it facing forwards like it's supposed to be.
not to mention crawling over the front seats to get to it in the first
place.  ours has the tall buckets and they have levers to fold the backs
forward for access to the rear, but it's still pretty cramped climbing in.
what was it like for the split bench?

## >> Yah gotta think that somebody musta proposed a fold out rear
## >> facing seat
## >> option, prolly got shot down over $$.

was there something to prevent turning the original bench around and facing
it backwards?  that would make access a whole lot easier, and maybe provide
a bit more legroom.  we did that in our 800A with the stock-type back seat,
and it works marvellously well.  seems like it ought to be easy enough to do
the same thing, turn the TravelAll rearmost bench 'round and bolt it down...
or am i missing something?  i've never seen one of these things installed
other than in pictures that only show a view from outside with somebody
sitting in it, not how it's mounted.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However; Don't take *my* word for it,
check it yourself.
"I'd rather have a German Division in front of me than a French one
behind." - General George S. Patton