Re[6]: [ihc] D series spare tire cover

Mac McMuffin wrote:

MM> was there something to prevent turning the original bench around and facing
MM> it backwards?  that would make access a whole lot easier, and maybe provide
MM> a bit more legroom.  we did that in our 800A with the stock-type back seat,
MM> and it works marvellously well.  seems like it ought to be easy enough to do
MM> the same thing, turn the TravelAll rearmost bench 'round and bolt it down...
MM> or am i missing something?  i've never seen one of these things installed
MM> other than in pictures that only show a view from outside with somebody
MM> sitting in it, not how it's mounted.

The second row seat folds down.  The back and base are completely
seperate from one another.  The seat bottom flips over forward and the
back then folds forward, both exposing their "back" level with the rear
cargo deck.  For this reason, I would not want to try to reverse
things, as the flat cargo area with the second row seat folded down is
very nice to have at times.  Reversing the seat would involve
fabrication due to the nature of the seat back mounting setup.

Ken