Re[2]: [ihc] new travelall

John M. Adams wrote:

JMA> And congrats on the new T'All. It sounds like a good deal all the way around
JMA> (price, condition, wife & neighbors...)

Thanks, I'm happy with it.

I picked up the TA in Bozeman.  I took I90 east to Columbus where I
headed south to Red Lodge.  I partly took this route because I used to
visit Bear Creek years ago when I had a great-great aunt and uncle that
lived there.  It was nice to see their old house once more.  Bear
Creek is on 308 east of Red Lodge, so that took me to 72/120 which I
followed south into Wyoming toward Cody.  Stayed on 120 all the way to
Thermopolis where I picked up 20 to head south to Shoshoni.  Then 26
to Riverton, 135 cutoff down to 287.  287 to Rawlins.  I80 then to
Walcott Junction, 130 south through Saratoga to 130 accross to
Laramie.  Then 287 again into Laporte.  OverLand Trail to home...

I've been through all these areas before put stringing them all
together was very nice.  I just wish I had had time to stop off at my
"spot" in the Great Divide Basin.  But time and the lack of vehicle
prep kept me on 287.

That 9% grade on the 235 cutoff was where she was working hard in 2nd
gear.  And the rest of 135 was into a strong headwind.  Sections of
287 and I80 with a tailwind I got 'er up to ~68 mph but things were
feeling a bit frantic so I only did that for a moment.  55-60 mph is
this TA's sweet spot, but I did 50 mph alot due to not wanting to
overtax a new to me vehicle with all the new to me sounds, etc.

Ken