[ihc] More On (Moron) Pete's Choking & Hi Carb Diet

Pete,

Before you drop it in the carb dip be sure to remove the choke pull off
diaphragm as the carb dip will ruin it. This would also be a good time to
see that it is functional and holds vacuum. I usually disassemble the carb
down to the major components before dipping as this helps loosen up the old
gaskets. Also remove the accelerator pump before dipping, basically you want
to soak only the metal parts.

My '74 is still running the original 2210 carb and I've rebuilt it about 1/2
dozen times over the years. I loose the float needle frequently due to the
pounding it takes on my dirt road.

Also another tip that trips up first timers is you need to remove the air
cleaner stud to get the top off the carb. Good luck.

Tom Reed